Story from: Toke of the Town
Valerie Sigler said her business did nothing illegal, so the co-owner of Big Sky Patient Care, a medical marijuana dispensary in Four Corners, Montana, was back open for business on Monday.
|Valerie Sigler, Big Sky Patient Care
The raids were supposedly targeting “criminal networks,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office claimed in a press release following the searches.
Sigler said she is confident her business is in compliance with Montana law, and said she felt comfortable reopening its doors.
“I am not going to leave my patients,” she said. “(The raids) have left them on such a lurch.
“We have not violated any Montana law,” Sigler said.
Asked where she would get marijuana for her patients after the federal raids, Sigler said the business had a storefront in Butte that was not searched by agents.
The federal government does not recognize medicinal or any other uses for marijuana, but the Obama Administration said in 2009 that going after medical marijuana businesses that comply with state law was “not a good use of resources.”
But U.S. Attorney Michael Cotter claimed the raids, which were carried out with the participation of local law enforcement (surprise, surprise, they’ve always hated the medical marijuana law anyway), targeted businesses “where there is probable cause that the premises were involved in illegal and large-scale trafficking of marijuana.”
An affidavit filed by agents
in federal court claimed Big Sky Patient Care
sold several pounds
to a Helena dispensary
after that business
Sigler said those sales were legal, since Montana law allows caregivers to “transport” and “transfer” marijuana, and maintained that the raids came in retaliation for her activism on the issue.
Hear it here first!
Big Sky Patient Care is OPEN for BUSINESS. Yes, you heard what I typed! Big Sky Patient Care is OPEN for BUSINESS!!
Patients / Caregivers:
Find Stains / Varieties of Medical Marijuana Potency Tested!
Find Medical Marijuana Clinics, Doctors’ Referrals, Green Card / MMJ Recommendations!
THEY ARE BACK!!
This is from Big Sky Patient Care‘s Web site:
As most of you know, we were robbed by masked gunmen (the Feds) on Monday.
What you need to know:
1. This was FEDERAL – not a state raid. WE ARE COMPLETELY COMPLIANT WITH MONTANA LAW. Under Federal law, any amount of marijuana is illegal.x
2. They did not want access to patient information. The Feds don’t care about patients because to them it does not matter if we are following the state initiative – Feds don’t care.
3. We were raided because we helped another caregiver when his crop was vandalized. To the Feds that is considered drug trafficking. Selling ANY amount of cannabis to ANYONE is illegal.
4. I believe the fact we were very vocal and frequent speakers for patients’ rights in Helena made raiding us a strategic political move at this time.
5. The timing of the raids seems to be a choreographed effort during Montana patients’ fight to keep medicinal cannabis. This was timed to coordinate with the Senate’s review of the repeal bill.
6. We absolutely paid our taxes and were completely transparent in our record keeping. Any discussion of tax evasion does not apply to us.
7. You must take the time to fight for your rights and let the politicians know you are outraged at the Federal government’s intrusion into a State Voter Initiative matter. The battle lines have been drawn, you must speak on behalf of ALL humans’ rights to have access to a medicine that provides relief.
PRESIDENT comment line 202.456.1111
JON TESTER 406.449.5401
STATE LEGISLATURES 406.444.4800
STEPH SHERER – AMERICANS FOR SAFE ACCESS 202.857.4272
We are working with caregivers to help you have uninterrupted access of your meds.
There is a good possibility the store will be open under new ownership next week.
If you need help, please call me, Valerie, on my cell 850.723.5107
Big Sky Patient Care
Branches, Locations, Hours, Strains/Varieties:
81770 Gallatin Rd — located in Four Corners, next to the Kountry Korner Kafe
Bozeman, MT 59715
Call: (406) 586-0842
21 S. Idaho St — in the Turrett downtown
Dillon, MT 59725
Call: (406) 683-3620
Big Sky Branch
11 Lone Peak Dr — above the Grizzly Outfitters in the Town Center
Big Sky, MT 59716
7AM to 7PM 7 days a week.
E Mail: email@example.com
NEW BRANCH / STORE LOCATION!!!
Opening: March, 2011
Medical Marijuana Strains / Varieties Available:
Blue Cheese Medical Marijuana Strain
Bubba Kush Medical Marijuana Strain
Bubble Gum Medical Marijuana Strain
Chemo Medical Marijuana Strain
Hog Medical Marijuana Strain
Jack Here Medical Marijuana Strain
NY Sour Diesel Crossed with Super Skunk Medical Marijuana Strain
OG Kush Medical Marijuana Strain
Pandora Medical Marijuana Strain
Pineapple Punch Medical Marijuana Strain
Power Kush Medical Marijuana Strain
Purple Snow Medical Marijuana Strain
Redwood Kush Medical Marijuana Strain
Sour Diesel Medical Marijuana Strain
Strawberry Kush Medical Marijuana Strain
Cannabis TV Documentaries:
Hemp for Victory
The BEST Cannabis / Marijuana Propaganda Films / Movies of ALL TIME!
Marijuana: A Chronic History Presented by the History Channel
NGC’s Drugs Inc.: Marijuana
NGC’s Marijuana Nation
PBS’ Botany of Desire
CNBC’s Marijuana Inc.
TEA Party Eat your Heart Out!! The Bundy’s Were Here 1st!!
Peer Reviewed Research
MMJ Clinics / Doctors Recommendations
MMJ Dispensaries/Caregivers: Find Them Here
MMJ Strains / Varieties: Find Them Here Potency Tested
Ed Rosenthal Runs For President in 2012? Stephen’s Colbert SuperPac Funding?
Fastest way to determine cannabis seedling sex!
Grow Buddy Thin Layer Chromatography THC, CBD test kit
Grow Buddy Instructional Video
Grow Buddy Replacement T.L.C. Supplies
Plant DNA Collection Kit
Montana Biotech Products and Services
Specialist Want Regulations / Oversight of Medical Marijuana Analysis Labs, Montana Biotech Embraces Open Dialog
Cannalytics™ Cannabinoid Fingerprinting Test by Alpha Nova vs Grow Buddy™ at Home THC, CBD, CBN Test Kit by Montana Biotech Comparing Two Competing Thin Layer Chromatography T.L.C Methods
QUALTITATIVE vs. QAUNTITATIVE Analysis of Cannabis THC, CBD, CBN Cannabinoid Levels
Ed Rosenthal and the Party-Party’s Platform for America 2012!
A Little Ed History and Education! Wiki Style!
Call Montana Biotech today for more information on setting up a Grow Room Help or consultation!
Donate to Cannabis Research at Montana Biotech